AU PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Pitt County Schools
- Job ID: 3307818
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
July 21, 2020
Job Title: Autism Specialist
Department of Exceptional Children (EC)
This postition is housed at the Moye Building
The Autism Specialist, will support exceptional classroom teachers to promote student growth for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. The Autism Specialist will be able to support teachers with evidenced based strategies pertaining to Autism. The Specialist will provide leadership in the evaluation of programming and services for students with Autism.
EC Assistant Director/EC Director
Term of Employment:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience with students with Autism
- Current NC teaching license in special education
- Assist Program Specialist with tasks and initiatives related to improving the quality of programming and instruction for students with Autism.
- Work collaboratively with EC Program Staff to facilitate open communication with all level of administration
- Programming Support for students with Autism in all continuums of support
- Assist teachers in collection, assessment and interpretation data in order to design appropriate individualized instruction for students with Autism
- Assist teachers in using interventions and evidenced based strategies for students with Autism
- Knowledge of behavioral interventions for students with Autism
- Provide teachers resources for students with Autism.
- Facilitate professional development, based on Autism, that is ongoing, deeply embedded in teacher’s classroom work with students, specific to grade levels, content that is age and ability level appropriate and research based practices
- Oversee Autism Strategic Plan and trainings that accompanies
- Oversee Autism Support Intervention Services Team
- Participate in required meeting and trainings
- Work collaboratively and collegially with other EC Program Specialist Staff and EC Coordinators and EC Director.
- Be visible and available to exceptional children teachers and students
- Other duties as assigned by the EC Director
Equal Opportunity Employer
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.