This is an on-call position to be considered for the District's pool of translators/interpreters to fill in as an interpreter or translator as needed. The District is actively recruiting for Mam, Korean, Chinese and Spanish interpreters.
Duties may include:
• Performs a wide variety of written and verbal translation functions.
• Translation of specific languages to provide support in IEP meetings, special education
meetings, informal meetings, and parent and teacher conferences.
• Translates a wide variety of frequently complex written translations.
• Translates verbal and written communications for students, staff, and families, as needed.
• Interprets and advocates so that parents and students can fully participate in educational
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines and provide
prompt replies to staff after receiving either written or verbal communications, and provide
follow-through with minimal direction.
Compensation: $15.00 - $25.00/hour depending on type of work.
The Corvallis School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, parental or marital status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding discrimination: Jennifer Duvall Human Resources Director and Title IX Coordinator, email@example.com 541-757-5840