Food Service Assistant - Food Service
1.5 - 4 hours per day
$12.54 per hour
2019-20 School Year
This will vary depending on location
There are multiple positions availble that range from 1.5 to 4 hours per day at various locations.
This is a brief description/summary of the position. Please view the attachment for the full job description. Positions are open until filled with earliest review of applications on September 26, 2019.
The Food Service Assistant provides entry-level assistance in food service operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the kitchen manager to implement the food service program in accord with federal, state, and district food service standards and procedures.
- Receives and accurately accounts for cash.
- Supervises students outside the classroom, as assigned, to support the district's discipline and instructional programs.
- Provides standard first aid, as defined by the American Red Cross, in a competent and compassionate manner.
- Provides other related services as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic knowledge of institutional food preparation techniques, including ability to operate institutional food preparation equipment.
- Knowledge of state nutritional and sanitary guidelines applicable to food service programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate computer and accounting skills consistent with the level of responsibility of food service assistants.
- Hold a current food handler's card.
- Ability to understand and implement the school/program's student discipline policy and to manage student behavior effectively outside a classroom setting.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple, simultaneous tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to travel among district facilities as needed; if driving, the ability to meet district driving standards.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
The Corvallis School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, parental or marital status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding discrimination: Jennifer Duvall, Human Resources Director and Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org 541-757-5840 | 1555 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333
El Distrito Escolar de Corvallis no discrimina en base a la edad, nacionalidad, color, discapacidad, expresión de género, identidad de género, origen nacional, situación de los padres o de su estado civil, raza, religión, sexo u orientación sexual en sus programas y actividades, y proporciona igualdad de acceso a los grupos de jóvenes designados. La siguiente persona ha sido designada para atender las consultas acerca de la discriminación: Jennifer Duvall, Director de Recursos Humanos y Coordinadora de Título IX, email@example.com
541-757-5840 | 1555 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333