KWRL Transportation Cooperative
– Transportation Specialist
We appreciate your interest in employment with Woodland Public Schools. All applications are considered and reviewed. The most qualified and competitive applicant(s) that possess directly related experience and expertise, training, and education may be invited to participate in the interview/selection process. As part of the selection process, the District conducts confidential reference checks to include former and present employers and also requires a criminal background investigation. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications received, not all applicants will receive an interview.
All district employees are encouraged to review their personnel file periodically to ensure that their file includes current and relevant documentation that supports their education, experience, training, etc., as it relates to qualifications described on job postings.
KWRL is a cooperative effort between the Kalama, Woodland, La Center and Ridgefield School Districts. Our main office and shop facilities are located at 989 Frazier Lane in Woodland WA. Although KWRL is a cooperative effort, all employees of KWRL are employed by and through the Woodland School District which serves as the district of record for the cooperative.
Woodland School District on behalf of KWRL Transportation is accepting applications for employment for the following position:
Bilingual Transportation Specialist
KWRL Transportation, 989 Frazier Lane, Woodland, WA 98674
: As soon as possible
: 5 hours a day/25 hours per week, Monday through Friday 12:00pm to 5:30pm (220 day contract)
: Base of $23.63, per KWRL Office Staff Wages
Approximately $700 per month from district for Medical, dental and vision premiums through 12/31/19. Position is eligible for benefits through the School Employee Benefits Board (SEBB) starting 1/1/20. Position is WA State Department of Retirement Systems eligible.
Perform all the duties of a KWRL Transportation Specialist with a focus upon bilingual services as paramount priority of the position. Maintain school bus routes using routing and GPS software for safe and efficient pupil transportation. Develop and maintain accurate student rosters for KWRL school bus routes. Maintain web presence for KWRL among four member districts with internal and external purpose. Clerical and dispatch support for KWRL Administrative staff. Assist with administrative technical evaluations of KWRL school bus drivers as a member of the KWRL administrative team. Driver training duties as directed by the Assistant Director.
Such alternatives to the above requirements and desirable qualifications may be made as the district finds appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fluent Spanish/English bilingual skill set required for this position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of experience driving school bus or with administrative management, or a combination of the two.
- Maintain a Class B CDL endorsement as well as all other related and required credentials.
- Acquire and maintain “Driver Trainer” and other related credentials through OSPI and the state of Washington.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the KWRL staff, schools and the public.
- Ability to support, respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge, ability or aptitude to apply sound administrative and managerial practices and philosophies as they apply to student transportation.
- Proficient with Microsoft products such as Word and Excel
- A technological aptitude that will lend itself to learning about developing and maintaining a web presence for KWRL relative to student transportation information
- A technological aptitude that will lend itself to learning about routing software used by KWRL
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory safety standards
- Ability to multi-task while organizing and coordinating student transportation
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently with both staff and the public
- Knowledge and ability to perform basic math including calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and ratios
- Ability to perform independently and as member of a productive transportation team
Spanish language liaison duties for KWRL
Create and maintain routes and other student transportation data using routing and GPS software as directed by the Director of Transportation and or his/her assistant
Process field trip requests and schedule field trips as directed by the Assistant Director
Process driver logs and produce fuel, mileage and other transportation related reports
Serve as the first and primary point of contact for the public for phone calls and web based questions or concerns from Spanish speaking community.
Assist and support dispatch with two way radio communications
Assist with student management duties as directed by the Director of Transportation or the KWRL Behavior Specialist.
Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Transportation and or his Assistant
Model and promote healthy and appropriate behavior for staff, students and the public
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Position Opens: 8/14/19
Position Closes: Open until filled
If you are hired for this position, you will be required to pay for a background check, unless you have completed the background check in the past two years, and it is on file with the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).