4 hours per day
2019-20 School Year
Classified - Non-Exempt
This position will be responsible for delivering food carts from Central Kitchen to our satellite kitchens.
To maintain an efficient and accurate district warehouse system and provide delivery service for the School District.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Implements district warehouse system which includes accurate record keeping, effective communication, and efficient storage and delivery of warehouse items.
- Provides district delivery service for mail, food, supplies, instructional materials, and equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receives, secures, and delivers school funds, according to district procedures.
- Performs light maintenance of district vehicles and equipment, as assigned, and works cooperatively with district maintenance personnel to care for district vehicles.
- Provides other related services as assigned.
- Perform duties in a courteous and efficient manner that builds the confidence of staff, students, and the public in the Corvallis School District and enhances learning.
- Observe laws, district policies and procedures, and professional standards for the position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school personnel, parents, students and the public; work collaboratively as a team member.
- Maintain regular attendance at work and work activities and is punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedule.
- Carry out work responsibilities with strong organizational skills effectively under pressure of deadlines, difficult situations, interruptions, and new or emergency conditions.
- Respect confidential information and the privacy of students, staff, and parents.
- Support students and staff in the district’s career-related learning standards to encourage the development of independent work skills through career exploration and community involvement.
- Develop job skills necessary to meet changes in the position.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene appropriate to the position as defined by the district.
- Meet applicable district physical ability/health and safety guidelines for the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possess a valid Oregon driver’s license authorizing operation of district vehicles as assigned and the ability to meet district driving standards.
- Maintain safe driving record that meets district risk management and insurance standards.
- Ability to be bonded for purpose of receipt and delivery of district funds.
- Ability to follow an established driving route.
- Ability to understand and implement warehousing systems.
- Ability to perform accurate record keeping.
- Ability to safely operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs on district vehicles and equipment as assigned.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to regularly walk (occasionally on an uneven surface), occasionally sit and reach with hands and arms (frequently reaching above the shoulder), stoop kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee regularly lifts and carries items ranging up to 60 pounds in weight, and frequently pushes rolling carts weighing up to 600 pounds repeatedly throughout the work day. With assistance occasional lifting of 100 pounds and occasional climbing on a stool or ladder are also required.
Exposure to inclement weather and the hazards associated with vehicular travel are routine for this position. Work also involves exposure to cold while in the warehouse freezer and cooler. The employee may use feet for repetitive movement of controls. The employee frequently may need to lift from floor level up to a height of four feet.
Successful applicants for employment will be required to complete a pre-employment physical examination process to establish their fitness to perform the jobs for which they have applied without endangering the health and safety of themselves or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally high.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.