Sherman County School District
65912 High School Loop
Moro, Oregon 97039
Notice of Job Posting for Music Teacher K-12
Sherman County School District is seeking an inspiring full time music teacher who will be responsible for teaching music education to students in grades K-12. The successful educator will guide students to grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences. Educator may preform other duties as qualified and extra-curricular and coaching positions may also be available.
Sherman County School is a K-12 progressive school with approximately 245 students located in Moro, Oregon. Class sizes average approximate 19 students. The 2016-17 school year saw the opening of a new elementary and remodeled Jr/Sr High School connected as one modernized facility that includes a beautiful music room. Augmenting a district-wide commitment to academic achievement, Sherman County School District offers state-of-the-art technology and library resources, along with generous professional development support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches general music to K-12th grade
- Differentiates music curriculum to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Plans a balanced music program and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and music performances.
- Communicates clearly with parents and school faculty/staff on the progress of individual students
- Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments, and equipment to prevent loss or abuse
- Minimum BA in Music or Music Education
- Oregon teaching license (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to work with musicians at all skill levels
- Strong varied instrumental skills
This position will be open until filled.
- $37,807 - $54,347
- District pays emplyee portion of PERS contribution
- Generous benefits package
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Wes Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 541-565-3500. Mr. Owens will provide you with an official application packet and additional materials.
Application Requirements Shall Include:
- Completed Application Form
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Copy of Teaching License (or eligibility to obtain same)
- Provide References
- Copies of all Transcripts (unofficial)
- Other material as desired
Criminal record check and pre-employment drug testing will be required for all positions.
Sherman County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.