SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER - ANTICIPATED FOR 2017-2018
Alleghany County Public Schools (learn more)
- Job ID: 2754626
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
February 17, 2017
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Special Education > General Special Education
To develop and implement an instructional program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each student.
Valid certification to meet State requirements with specific endorsements in the area to which assigned.
- Applicant must have good health and no disqualifying physical or emotional handicaps. Evidence of fitness to teach from the standpoint of health may be required from a qualified physician.
- Applicant who has had teaching experience must have an acceptable rating on such teaching.
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or a designee
- To comply with school and school board policies and regulations.
- To work cooperatively with the total staff.
- To relate positively to parents and other community representatives.
- To demonstrate professional growth.
- To be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
- To demonstrate command of standard English, both spoken and written.
- To accept responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate to the school.
- To use instructional and planning time effectively.
- To assume responsibility or care of materials, equipment and facilities.
- To assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students committed to the teacher’s care.
- To practice and promote positive interaction with and among students.
- To demonstrate interest in the student, encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students.
- To demonstrate a knowledge of the subject being taught.
- Maintain an organized program of instruction based on long range plans.
- To exhibit evidence of effective lesson plans
- To utilize appropriate and varied teaching techniques and learning activities.
- To communicate lesson objectives and its importance to students.
- Demonstrate ability to adjust presentation of subject content to student’s needs and interest.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Administration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten-Month Contract, exempted FLSA status. Salary will be established annually by the School Board.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations and evaluation of personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alleghany County Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.